Friday, August 30, 2013

Germany!

 After the workshop in Zurich, I went with my friends, Jennifer and Charlynn, to Stuttgart.  Charlynn lives in Stuttgart and was nice enough to pick us up and drive us there.  I actually stayed with my friend, Lana, whose husband is the senior pastor at the International Baptist Church of Stuttgart.  I had a wonderful morning worshipping with them. 
 
 
.
Then came lunch.  I had lived in Germany as a child, and was looking forward to some good German schnitzel.  And I got some, at the Brauhaus, outside of Stuttgart.


So, I had one afternoon in Germany.  Where to go??  Lana and I decided on Tubingen.  (Lana told me there are supposed to be two dots over the 'u'.  Her keyboard might have those two dots, but mine doesn't.)  :) After several detours due to flooded roads, we finally made it to Tubingen.  I got a kick out of the signs in this butcher shop.  I am not sure I want a puten-burger.


This building was an old granary and wine press built around 1474!
 


I have never seen pegs in a building like this.
 



This is what I expect an old German town to look like.  Very charming!
 


I especially loved this town hall.
 


Can't you just imagine the town mayor coming out to this balcony and addressing the crowds in the square below?


 
Of course Tubingen has a castle!
 


Looking down from the upper section of the castle.


The inner courtyard



The town of Tubingen


More window boxes, as I promised.  :)


There were flowers everywhere.  Even on the lampposts!!


Every once in a while, you would see a building that was painted on the outside.  I thought these were so interesting.
 

 
A closer view of the building.


Look at those rainclouds!!  The rain threatened all afternoon, but we stayed dry.  Here you can see that even the bridges deserve to be beautiful.
 
 
 
 
I spent a wonderful afternoon in Germany, thanks to Lana.  Next stop, France!
 

 


1 comment: