Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Gaylord Texan

 
Although I am back in Oman, I have some catching up to do with my blog.  I spent a great weekend with my good friend, Jennifer, celebrating her birthday.  We stayed at the Gaylord Texan, in Grapevine, between Dallas and Ft. Worth.  We all know how fabulous the hotels are in the Middle East, but I just wanted to show how Texas does a hotel!
 


 The Gaylord Texan
 

We got a Texas-sized welcome on our arrival.
 

 
 
No, this is not a park.  This is actually the giant atrium that makes up part of the hotel.  The best part?  It was air-conditioned!  Good thing, since the temperature was over 100.
 


Hard to tell, but the hotel had its own riverwalk.
 

 

The star at the top!
 

Of course you couldn't have a Texan hotel without a longhorn.
 

Or two.  There were some great shops in the hotel.
 


Not your ordinary cowgirl hat
 

The red-studded boots were my favorite, but unfortunately, not my size.
 

Texas-shaped boxes for your goodies.
 


 And more cowboy stuff
 
 
If you can't tell, cowboys were everywhere.  And if you didn't know how to be one, you can always be taught.
 
 
 
 But no one had to tell our new friend how to be a cowboy!

 
This is the entrance to the steak house.
 

We found this settee in one of the jewelry shops.  I have seen some pretty 'interesting' furniture pieces in Oman, but this settee can certainly hold its own.
 

 Here is some of the incredible landscaping in the hotel.  This whole area gets decorated for the seasons.
 

I think we got there just in time for the Train season.  :)  They were all over.
 

Okay, I did get a picture of the riverwalk.
 


Just chillaxing in the lobby.
 
We had a great time during our stay.  I have no pictures of the Cactus nightclub, which was fabulous.  Great music!  There is also a water park, which is great for families.  I am told the grounds are beautiful to walk around, but that will have to wait for a cooler visit. 
 
Y'all take care now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment