Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmastime in Hong Kong

This is a blog post that should have been done before Christmas, but, well, that just didn't happen.  But I think the pictures are too amazing to not post!  

I loved seeing all the Christmas decorations in Hong Kong.  Joe and I were there the middle of December, for a business meeting where wives were invited.  As you know, Oman is a Muslim country.  I really missed seeing all the Christmas decorations.  There were a few here and there, but nothing like Hong Kong.  I was blown away!


Once again, we stayed at Shangri La.  This one was even more beautiful than the one in Kuala Lumpur.


I absolutely loved these free-standing wreaths.  I plan on duplicating it when I have the available supplies.  And my talented sister to help me!


The hotel lobby


Also in the lobby.  Okay, this is not Christmassy, but just beautiful.


These double wreaths were hanging outside the hotel.


Our hotel was in Kowloon, not actually on Hong Kong island.  But we were right on Victoria Harbor and had these amazing views of the skyline of Hong Kong.  Season's Greetings!




On the Kowloon side of the harbor




I also enjoyed just taking pictures of some of the Christmas trees I saw around.  Here is Joe with some USG friends, Paul and Mary Ellen.


I loved this Disney tree.  It was next to a booth promoting Hong Kong Disney.  Maybe next trip to Hong Kong!  I also loved the girl's dress on the left.  :)  


This tree was outside the Armani store.


But my favorite Christmas tree has to be the Swarovski crystal one in the Hong Kong airport.  I took this picture very quickly, as I arrived in Hong Kong.


I took this picture of the top of the tree, on the way back home.


We took the ferry across the harbor, into Hong Kong.  These were some of the decorations in the financial district.




Next blog post will be more of Hong Kong!



2 comments:

  1. Great pics, Wanda! You need a "like" button. Maybe blogger doesn't have that option but I think they have a feature where viewers can click "interesting" or "cool" or something like that, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andy! I don't know about about that. I will have to look into it. :)

      Delete