Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Atlantis-- The Palm, Dubai

 
We just got back from a beautiful weekend at the Atlantis Hotel, in Dubai.  Joe and I have been to the one in The Bahamas, and I had no idea there was another one.  But there is!  :)
 


The Palm is a set of man made islands off the coast of Dubai.  It is shaped like a palm tree, as you can see.  The Atlantis resort sits at the number 5.
 


We drove to Dubai this time and made good time.  We were too early to check in, so we decided to head to The Dubai Mall and go to Texas Roadhouse.  The rolls were delicious!  Let me tell you, that lunch was so wonderful.  There was a baseball game on the TV and country music playing in the background.  It did this Texas girl a world of good to just sit and enjoy the feel of home.
 

 
Here we are, driving up to Atlantis.  I don't know if you can tell on the brown street sign, but the 'fronds' of the palm tree are really streets that are named by letters.


At the water park at Atlantis.  I didn't really spend too much time there, so this is the only picture I have of it.  Obviously it is a big area and there is lots more to see.
 

 
The beach had a view of the Burj Al Arab.
 



Here is the amazing Dale Chihuly glass tower in the middle of the main lobby.
 


One of the painted ceilings.
 


We enjoyed viewing this aquarium in the hotel.
 





Our favorite tank! 
 


I have seen a lot of Keep Calm signs, but not this one.  Loved it!
 


As you can only imagine, there were so many ocean-themed decorations and architecture at the resort.  I especially liked these 'coral' sconces.
 


Another one of the aquariums.  You could actually dive in this one.
 


This was my view for a few hours one morning.  The temperature was about 100 degrees, so it was definitely better in the morning.
 


The beach had an amazing view of Dubai.
 
I did more relaxing on this trip and didn't take as many pictures as I normally do.  This is just a glimpse at all the beautiful and fun sights at Atlantis in Dubai!






1 comment:

  1. Amazing place! Still can't get over the fact that there's a Texas Roadhouse in Dubai!

    ReplyDelete